Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Finished Craigslist Desk

It has taken me far to long to show the final reveal of my adorable Craigslist Desk! I wrote about it so long ago, that I didn't even know how far back to go to find the last post. That is sad. To be honest, I just put the finishing touches on it last week..yes, I know that is pathetic. Sometimes that is how life goes.

Just a reminder, this is how the desk started...



Ugly, ugly, ugly...but it was FREE! Now, it looks like this...


I love it! Even better, my daughter LOVES it! Just look at those sweet details...


Can you believe these knobs came from the Dollar Section at Michaels? I pretty much bought them out since they were so cute! And look at the keyhole covers...


I had to special order them online...which took a bit longer than my patience lasted. It wasn't that they were slow in their shipping, I was just impatient. I love how they look, and it saved me from having to patch the holes that were already there. I also think it helps show the piece has some age.

And just look how well it works with the new hinges...


I love the way the desk closes and hides away all of the "treasures" that little girls seem to collect. It makes both of us very happy. She can have a place for all of her things, and I don't have to look at them all of the time!

I couldn't be more pleased with how this piece turned out! The hinges had to be ordered online too, and when they arrived they didn't quite fit into the existing notches from the previous hinges. Luckily for me, my Grandparents came for a visit and my Grandfather was kind enough to carve out the needed space. Thanks Grandpa! It is just another reason this piece is so special...not only did Mom refinish it for her, but her Great Grandpa did too!


I am hooking up to the following:

HookingupwithHoH

2 comments:

  1. I have that exact desk that I was gifted a couple of weeks ago from freecycle! Amazing what a little elbow grease and paint will accomplish. I love your solution for the funky holes. Luckily mine didn't come with those...lol

    Nice job.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi