Monday, April 30, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week: Cork Board

Here is another quick and inexpensive Teachers gift when you have lots of Teachers to remember. For those of you who missed last week, my daughter's class made gifts for all the "Specials" Teachers they have. That is 6 extra Teachers. 6 Teachers without a Room Mom...uh oh!

After a trip to Ikea I was sure that what we needed were trivets. Yep...trivets. Have I lost you? Do you think I have lost my mind? Look what we did with those trivets:


We made individual cork boards! I think they turned out really cute! Ikea sells a pack of 3 cork boards for around $2 or $3...I don't remember. It is just around $1 per board...not a bad place to start. I had the kids stamp the Teacher's initial on the bottom with a foam stamp and black StazOn ink. Another child took a small piece of paper and wrote a simple note to pin onto the board.

If we had time, we could have easily made the pins in class. But we didn't have time to sit and wait for the glue to dry. So, I made them at home ahead of time. The apples were metal brads that I cut the brad part off of and attached with hot glue. Simple.

I think they turned out adorably!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi