Friday, December 9, 2011

Spray Paint Fixes Everything

If you have read many of my posts, you know that I have a big crush on spray paint. Ok, that is not exactly true. Not spray paint in general, my crush is very specific. I am monogamous. It is RustOleum that sets my little heart fluttering.

I will admit, I have tried other brands. I have been at the store and seen a color I thought I would try from another brand. Or you know how it is. You are out, and don't want to drag the kids to ANOTHER store, so you make do with what they sell where you are. I won't bother doing that again...I have certainly learned my lesson!

RustOleum is it for me. You can not compete with their coverage or the consistency of their product. It simply far outshines anything I have used. Go and try out a couple if you want, but if I were you, I would learn from my mistakes and just stick with RustOleum.

A couple weeks ago I found this cute little piece:


I liked it, but it had a bit of rust on it that just took away from its cuteness. You can't tell from the photo, but it just needed help. I immediately thought I could switch it up, paint it white and have a whole new updated look on my hands.

I can tell, the moment I begin to spray my primer, if it will be love. Something that was worn out and outdated, can instantly look beautiful with a coat of primer. Primer! I'm not even talking about the paint here, I am talking about primer. It is like the old look is erased and the piece is just waiting for what it CAN be instead of what once was. No matter how many pieces I have done, I am still amazed at the new life primer can bring.

That was not the case with this little guy.


When the primer went on, I hated it instantly. Hated. It went from stylish and sweet...to cheap. It lost its charm. Not to mention you could still see the stylish price marked right on the side of the poor reindeer's head! Nothing says fancy like the hand written mark of shame...you weren't good enough...you were sent to the land of misfits...otherwise known as the Thrift Store. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE to find treasures at the Thrift Store. I just don't want it to look like that is where they came from!

So, what's a girl to do with a newly primed piece that has clearly gone wrong? Reverse the process. I took out a can of RustOleum Oil Rubbed Bronze and gave it a good spray.


Just look at it now! You would think I had marched into the mall, plopped down my credit card and walked out with a hefty bill and this festive little piece.



Spray Paint does fix everything! Even those items that don't really need to be fixed...just refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi