Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday...Halloween Treats

To be honest, I have no idea how it is Wednesday already! I have been at my kid's schools this week taking class pictures for the yearbook. Where has the time gone? Since "Wonderful Wednesday" is all about spending time with my kids, I guess it is fitting that the week has flown by with me spending time at their schools.

This week I was on the lookout for some cute Halloween Treats. Wednesday nights my kids go to AWANA. I lead a group of Sparks with 5 Kindergarten boys. I wanted to come up with something cute to give them for Halloween, and well, these boys don't need sugar. They are full of energy all on their own! So I came up with these:


I was at the Dollar Store looking for some Halloween decorations and I spied these cute watches. I have seen a few people wearing them over the last few months. They are cute! They are flexible like a jelly bracelet and I thought the orange would be perfect for Halloween. Not to mention their packaging is really cute. I have seen some "test tube" packaging for Halloween treats...these already came in test tubes! They could be made to look really spooky and cool, but these are for 5 year olds, so I just went with cute.

I found a really great label here: Free Printable Halloween Treat Bag Labels


I printed out the label on sticker paper and then cute it out. The labels are made to be treat bag labels, but I just used the polk-a-dot side.


I stuck a label on each test tube and wrapped the top with a checked ribbon. I think they turned out really cute! Since I had the sticker paper and ribbon already, the whole project was only $5 out of my pocket! It is SPOOKY what a great deal this was!



I am linking up to a Halloween Party here:



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! Unique and totally gorgeous.
    I will definitely be trying this!
    Visiting from TT&J
    Lowri :-)
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi